Laforza - Alfa link

Hello everybody,

I don't know if Robert who was selling his Laforza is aware of the Alfa
connection.  The Laforza was evolved from a car sold (in this country at
least) back in the mid eighties as "Magnum by Rayton Fissore".    Maybe the
Laforza company didn't want to advertise the fact that the basic design is
around twenty years old?  Back then, they were available with VM turbo
diesel engines or  an Alfa 2-litre petrol engine.  I've never driven one,
but contemporary reports said that both versions were underpowered.   I've
never actually seen an Alfa-powered example on the road, so I guess that
most (maybe all) of the cars sold here were diesel powered.

Maybe some other Digest readers know more about the specification, which
version of the Alfa engine was used etc.

Regards
Jorn Bereng
Oslo, Norway
'82 GTV 2.0