Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:38:41 PDT

Does anyone know about how much a "valve adjustment" for a 164L should cost.
  Secondly I have owned a 164L for about 4 months and it seems to draft a
gas smell from the trunk area when the windows are down or sunroof open.
The smell can sometimes be corrected by opening or closing the gascap.
There are no actual fuel leaks and no mechanic can tell me where the smell
is actually coming from in order to correct the problem.  Help!!