Spider Mirror Mount

Ciao valued Alfisti!

I have a little "oops" to straighten out.  In the course of installing a
'71-style interior rearview mirror in my '86 spider veloce (why did they
stop providing that courtesy light?  It was one of my favorite things on
my old '71), I somehow manage to screw up one of the attachment points
for the mirror.  Specifically, there are 2 nuts that are secured to the
windshield frame, into which 2 screws go, providing the back plate to
which the mirror snaps.  The nuts are held into the windshield frame by
some sort of metal bracket, which looks like it's similar to a moly
bolt.  I managed to get the nut out, but lost the little bracket inside
the windshield frame.

So, my question is: how do I replace this?  The last time I asked my
dealer for anything similar, I got, "We don't do hardware", and then was
unable to find the right piece anywhere.  Is this going to be a similar
issue?  Are these parts a commonly used solution in the automotive
world, or is this an Alfa invention?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer...

Hal Taylor
Venice, Californa
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (which I decided to keep and not replace,
after all.  Just had the engine rebuilt, but she still needs everything
else)