Re: alfa-digest V7 #990, Say what about Specials????

In a message dated 8/24/99 3:38:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I don't put much value in any of the 'special' packages available for the
 GTV6 such as the Maratona edition.  Personally I don't like the look, and
 they don't seem to be particularly valuable... maybe an extra $500-$800 if
 you like the package.  These cars aren't collectibles yet, and I'm not sure
 if they ever will be in the same league as say a Guilietta or Duetto in
 terms of collectiblity. >>
    I think if the Baloccos, Maratonas, Mille Miglias, and the Velocissimas
would be very desirable if they too were 20 to 25 years old. Give them time
to earn their place among the ALFA rarity list. My wife and I own a 79
Velocissima #27 and we have only been able to locate 4, including our own. We
also have the 82 Balocco #113. I think that since the over engineering of the
suspension, drive train, and the body style that was around from 75 to 86
will make the GTV bodied cars very stable in the collectors market. I would
like to thank you for writing your comment; maybe people won`t restore them
until 10 or 15 years from now when they will be very rare. My pair will be
hitting the show circuit with a very hefty price tag; if you have to ask, you
can`t afford it.
    Thanks,
                The Willams Family