Of "Blue Badges" redux

JH sez:
		"Some people (Oh! Ye of Little Faith!) maintained with a
straight face that it was due to a combination of Milanese quality
control, fugitive pigments and solar UV,. . ."

Was it really 1996? Seems so long ago!  At the time of this debate, I
had the opportunity to replace my '83 Spider's "blue" rear badge with a
fired enamel one from Black Bart's and so set out to analyze the badge
and the circumstances leading up to it's non-std color.  I won't repeat
the whole article here (mainly because I can't - I failed to keep a
copy), but my analysis led me to the conclusion that the red pigment
oxidized from the UV exposure.  I stand by my results.  If anybody
desires to repeat my approach, the specimen badge was sent to AlfaBart.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta ('83 Spider - the fired enamel badge still looks new, BTW!)

P.S.  John, you amaze me.  The Digest archives do not go that far back.
How did you retrieve the message threads?  Can you send me a copy of my
original posting?  Inquiring minds want to know!