re:Alfa 166 in NYC -AlfaBill's ramble

> Today returning from
>my garage I saw parked on a NYC street a beautiful, sleek and low slung >Alfa
> Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24V. It was silver with black leather and absolutely
> stunning from every angle, photos do this car no justice. It had a Michigan
> "MANUFACTURER" lic. plate.
> More "actual" impressions as soon as I return......can't wait!

Interestingly, Fiat Auto has an R&D facilty in Michigan, may be either a
test mule, or another car company's test car, like the Alfa 14* that one
of the big 3 had a while back. They can bring anything in for up to a
year, I believe. (Eric? )

On the other, hand, I know of a white 96~ Alfa Spider in South Florida,
and a '95 164 4 cylinder, both federized at great cost, and an Alfa 156
somewhere in the USA, which for obvious reasons, the owner wants to keep
a low profile on...

Rumors abound... heard one from a customer the other day about a 500 car
test market from Alfa... will it ever end? (What would happen if it
didn't work?-500 orphaned cars?)

Hopefully it will be a private company that brings Alfa back... throw a
well constructed car with some soul, and a 20's range sticker in the
fray, and the cars would be all over. Forget the silly option laden
overstickered
cars that lingered on dealer lots, shoot if Kia and Daewoo can do it...

I'll stop now...:o)

These are my personal opinions and don't reflect the opinions of my
employer, Mastro Alfa.

AlfaBill
Tampa FL-reality
Seattle WA-dreamland, esp. on a humid 90 deg. day
'91 168 "T-Spark" bastardized with joy and Euro goodies.
'69 Spider...ignition challenged, allergic to asphalt