GTV6/Verde speedo

OK, I know it's been asked a dozen times before but I couldn't find a
reference to it...

I've got an 81 GTV6 with a Verde transaxle installed.  I also have a
non-functioning speedo.  The question is how to make the two work together.

I believe installing an 86 GTV6 speedo along with a Milano speedo amp will
get the job done but I still have a few questions-

- -does the amp have to come from a Verde since the transaxle did? or will a
2.5 car work?

- -is there a problem with the speedo since the Verde had a 140 mph unit and
the GTV6/2.5 Milano had 85 mph units.

- -is there a way to get the 140 mph unit to work, and does anybody have the
parts available at a semi-reasonable price?

I'm located in the Bay area, so I could easily stop by APE if the parts are
common.  If anybody out there happens to have the parts available
themselves, I'd also be interested.

Thanks,

Don Happel       zelatore@domain.elided
Shemp Mo-Din Italian Motorsports
"it's good to go very fast"       - Peter Egan