Shift Knob and 164

I replaced the factory shift knob in my '91 164.My favorite choice would have
been a 94-95 "big potato" knob from an LS or Q.
I went cheaper with a universal leather-quite good looking knob.
First of all to remove it the easiest way would be a very small charge of
dynamite....(lol)
I cut it off (and not too quick either) with an air rotary saw.
Part 2 is: The universal fits....universally, but although I tightened all
the components, a nasty vibration buzz is heard in the higher rpm range. I
went with changing all shift link bushings but it's still here, so I plan
using Teflon tape. If no good, I'll go with heavy duty glue, like the factory
setup, and tighten screws only father..
Vlad
'91 164L
Long Island