Re: Duetto Battery

MODONOVAN1@domain.elided had written:

>i own a 67 duetto and have recently noticed that the battery in the car is
>coming into contact with the hood.
>it is the correct battery sears brand die hard, as specified from their
>catalog for that car, but i need a battery about an inch lower in height.
>any one ever come across this before and any solutions.

Mike:

No way that's the correct battery for your Duetto.  The Duetto's
battery compartment is HUGE - Sears must have sold you a
truck battery for it not to fit (it was probably used too).  The fact
that THEIR catalog says it is correct doesn't inspire much
confidence - at least not for me.  Sears is hopeless - give up
on them.

I just use Optima batteries for my older cars.  Yea, they cost
a few bucks more than conventional wet cell batteries, but
have the advantage of not leaking, being smaller, and I
believe (though can't document) that they hold up better when
subjected to infrequent use.  In fact, you will need to use a
shorter pair of battery hold-down studs when running an
Optima in a Duetto.

Jay