That DAMN Spider AARRRGGGHH!!!

Okay, now I'm frustrated ... I go back in the garage last night and decide
to do the prudent thing and trace every wire and ground (maybe not every
one) around the car until I find the problem.

I traced the pink/white from the + side of the fuel pump to a "Black Switch"
attached to the firewall next to the window washer reservoir.  What is this
switch??  "Inertia Switch" is written on the side of it and it has a little
plunger on the top?!?!

I also checked for an "Altitude Compensation Switch" ... I don't think I
have one???

Checked all the grounds around that area and traced the wire back to the
"Air Flow Sensor".  NOW, the interesting part ... I disconnected the wiring
plug and VROOOMMMM!!!! it starts and it kept going and ran beautifully.

Break out the scotch and cigars I've defeated the ghost ... needing a
dancing girl, I call my wife out (more to prove that I wasn't out in the
garage looking at Girlie magazines for the last 4 nights) and we danced to
the music of the Alfa exhaust.  Welllll, fumes start to fill the garage and
I decide to pull it outside ... but first I must clean up after my victory
dance.

Turn the car off, clean up and GODDAMN IT it won't start again.  Tried
everything again (even looking at the Girlie magazines) with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Walter
Seattle

'83 Spider Veloce