WLA Repair/Milano Shocks

Re: Alfa work in West LA, definitely check out Omega Motorsports.  Rex Chalmers no longer owns
the shop (moving out of state), but he sold it to Uwe Backer -- formerly of Peyton Kramer Alfa.
Uwe is Alfa certified (and Ferarri certified) and worked in Italy for several years.  He's
currently going through the gearbox of my 69 GTV (broken clutch fork -- might as well do a few
things while the box is out).  I'm very comfortable with him -- seems to really know his stuff -
- - and is a nice guy on top of that.  I would avoid BH European and Alfa Milano based on what
I've heard from others here and very limited experiences on my part.  Omega is a 3822
Clarington, Culver City 310/836-3160 (scary that I didn't even have to look this up).

On the subject of Milano shocks, I stongly suggest that you don't waste time and money on KYB's!
These seemed fine on my Spider when I first got them -- reasonable balance between handling and
ride -- but turned to absolute #@*! inside of two years. Hell, they began losing effectiveness
within a year and a half.  I'm running Bilsteins on my GTV6 and GTV and am very happy with them.
Both cars have stiffer springs and bigger sway bars.  One caveat... the ride is definitely firm.
Something to consider on our fine LA roads, but not a big problem for me.  Koni's, Boge/Sach,
etc. would also be suitable replacements as others have indicated -- it's all a matter of
preference.

Jim

69 GTV
86 GTV6