Re: alfa-digest V7 #933

In a message dated 8/4/99 3:14:38 AM, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
Date: Tue,  3 Aug 1999 16:20:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chisheng Huang <cph@domain.elided>
Subject: where to buy a micrometer in the la la land?

Hi,

Sorry about the wide distribution of this question.  Does anybody know
of a place that carries good micrometers (0-25mm) in the Los Angeles
area?  I've been trying to buy one without any luck for some time.

To make this message pertinent to the Alfa list, here is an Alfa
tidbit.  If you change the oil pressure sender on a V6 75 (Milano) and
have a hard time getting it out with a 14mm wrench, try a 17mm wrench,
instead.  I found out this on my 87 Milano Silver after I tried 2
mutilated 14mm wrenches and a stubby Craftsman 14mm wrench.

Best wishes,

Chisheng Huang
LA, CA, USA>>

Try John Cameron Supply, on Washington Blvd in Culver City, not too far west
of the 405.  They've always had good stock of precision/machine tools.