164 V6 Liner Honing etc

My Head gasket has blown on my 164 and  leaking oil into the water. So.....
Early next month I am going to take the engine out and get the heads done.
(Leaky valve guide on one)and take the opportunity to at last do my very
sick clutch (So stiff My left leg is beginning to bulk up, and it vibrates
on take off like a space shuttle.... The car I mean :))

I have decided to order a full gasket set for the engine so I can replace
all those pesky leaking seals, but what about the rest?

While I have engine on a stand and the sump off should I do anything else?
I can't afford to replace the liners so should I consider honing them?
Anyone had any success or otherwise?
My vehicle has done about 70k miles and so far doesn't blow any smoke.

Matthew Dooher
1989 164A
Dunedin
New Zealand