Exhaust System Bolts

    What's a good type of bolt and nut to use on an exhaust system
(mufflers, specifically) if you want to have some realistic expectation of
unscrewing the bolt at some later date, after rust has set in?  Stainless
steel perhaps?  Or is it good to use low-grade steel that would be easy to
shear off or chisel off after it's rusted.  I've already got some 8-mm
grade eight bolts (medium carbon, alloy steel, quenched and tempered) plus
bronze nuts, but was wondering if something else would be a better choice.

     You must be wondering why I have time to think about something so
mundane.  The reason I have time to think about this is that I've already
torn off the old mufflers, center and rear, from my Alfa Spider and
purchased two new ones from the local Alfa parts supplier - who, alas,
didn't have the 3-hole flange gasket (or new rubber hangers, either) in
stock.  So now I'm waiting on a mail-order shipment of the other items
from another source.

                                  Fred Schwab (fschwab@domain.elided)
                                  Charlottesville, VA