Re: alfa-digest V7 #951

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< If you had to adjust the clutch because there was no free play and it
 was slipping, then you may have worn out the throwout bearing.  >>

An old Alfa hand tells me that if you keep the clutch depressed too much,
such as when you're waiting for a light to change, instead of letting out in
neutral, this contributes to premature wear and failure of the throwout
bearing.  Anyone else put 2 and 2 together on this?  I've noticed that on
clutches my wife and I have driven ourselves from new, the life expectancy is
a lot greater than on those we've "inherited" from POs, perhaps with
different driving habits.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA,
drooling over Scott's osso buco