Re: electric cooling fans, etc

I've been listening to the discussions of fitting an electric fan and will
eventually want to do this for FrankenSpider.

Now, looking into the nose of the car, I see that they added a "U" shaped
cross-beam connecting the two bumper mounts across the front of the
radiator opening. I don't remember that being there on my '71 at all; I
suspect it was necessary to stabilize the front of the nose with the heavy
bumper hung on it.

Since I'm not running the heavy stock bumper ever again, what do you think
about removing that cross beam? Doing that should improve airflow to the
radiator and would definitely open up a lot of space for a pusher fan.

And what about fitting an electric puller behind the radiator? Doesn't
Alfa do this on the late series Spiders, a pair of dual fans?

Godfrey