Dremel type tools

David Ziglin asks about Dremel type tools, and whether anyone know of a
supplier or brand name selling attachments with integrity?

I would nominate Foredom Electric for the primary brand name among
industrial-duty miniature power tools. They make several flexible shaft
machines from 1/10 to 1/4 hp, normally with a 1/8" collet but with optional
collets from 1/16" to 1/4" in 1/32" increments as well as a key-tightened
Jacobs microchuck, and wide varieties of bits and points in tungsten carbide,
silicon carbide, aluminum oxide, ruby, diamond and high-speed steel as well
as the usual mini-sanding disks and drums and wire brushes etc.

David is quite correct that safety glasses are essential, and that wire
brushes can disintegrate too quickly, especially if not used with a light
touch. Foredom prices start at the high end of Dremel prices and go up from
there, and in my opinion are worth the premium.

John H.