RE: Bananas, etc..

Alan wrote:
**Your words ( though not exactly Alfa content) show a lack of
understanding of our government--( at ALL levels) the government is NOT
composed of the elected officials except in broad strokes. The real
government is the unfireable bureaucracy who make their own rules, answer
to no one, protect their butts above all else, and LOVE the power they've
got. There obviously are good bureaucrats, but they are not in the
majority.**

Alan
when was the last time "we the people" voted or had anything to say on the
technical aspects of limiting emissions?  Did you vote between 10 or 20 PPM
of CO as maximum?  Or that airbags should be this strong, etc?  Those
technicalities are left to your non elected officials that in turn present
the polished sellable data to the elected officials that pass the laws, or
in these cases, regulations.  *My point* in agreement with Jerry's statement
was: << I personally would like to see some expemptions for low volume,
niche cars that would allow some unique cars into the country, but it ain't
gonna happen.>>
Why can't I import a non polluting new Alfa?
Oh well, let's drop it.  It just won't happen.
Jorge