Re: Giulietta Bosh Generator

>Data point: My '62 had the Lucas crap in it at first, too. I switched the
>battery and had a Lucas generator happily putting out -ve ground before I
>replaced it all with Bosch. I had a Lucas regulator go bad and burn out a
>perfectly good generator. Bosch is the way to go.

Interesting.  I've been seriously considering replacing all the Lucas stuff
when I put my '62 back together if for no other reason than to stop the
heckling from my British car owner friends. Past experience with MG
ownership would make regulator replacement a top priority, but Lucas
generators seem to be at least semi-reliable, and it would be nice to spare
the expense of replacing a working unit.  Are ALL the Lucas / Bosch
components interchangeable in no apparent order (would a Bosch regulator be
happy with a Lucas generator)? Is there any benefit to either a positive or
negative earth system? It would seem to not matter on a direct current
system, but am I missing something here?

End of alfa-digest V7 #936