RE: Ansa Exhaust Experience

Diane,
In my experiences with exhausts in general, your type of use has always
made the exhausts fall apart faster.  Limited use and then sitting for a
while or short runs never lets the exhaust go thru a good heat cycle to
eliminate moister.  Condensation builds up in the exhaust after a short
run and sits and rots especially when mixed with the residues in the
pipe.

Further, I have on my 73' GTV an Ansa that I pulled of a GTV that had
sat for 9 years.  Its perfectly leak free and is in no imminent danger
of falling apart (Chrome is lousy though).  My brother has an Ansa
exhaust on his spider  that is about a year old and no probs.

I have had Ansas' on other vehicles too and never a rusting problem,
occassionally a minor fit problem though.

Finally, I dont think you could blame the manufacturer for a spin out.
I have done some serious abuse to previous exhausts and they survived
(usually) if not it was my bad so...

I think that you just need to run the car longer and more frequently.
If you need help taking the car for more frequent walks I am sure any
one of the digesti will gladly volunteer their services!! :-}

Good luck,

Antonio
67'Giulia Super
72'GTV
73'GTV
94'Ducati M900 Monster

"Anza Exhaust Experience

I know the topic of aftermarket exhaust systems
sometimes pops up on the Alfa Digest, so I thought I
would give my two-cent's worth on Anza, based on
personal experience with my 1991 Spider Veloce.

I've gone through three exhaust systems on this car
since I bought it used in 1992, and after two Anza
exhausts, I'm having the OE exhaust put on tonight.
The first Anza exhaust snapped in two after a spinout
and a trip into a ditch in 1996, and the current Anza
exhaust has apparently caused several leaks around the
center and rear pipes/mufflers, all of which now
require replacement.

For whatever reason, the exhaust didn't last on a car
that is driven, on average, only three months out of
the year, and only in nice weather.  (The car is
started and run every few weeks while in storage,
however.)

The sound from the Anza exhaust was quite nice, but I
don't think it is worth spending $$$ every few years
to have it replaced with a new one.

===
Diane
NE Ohio