header wraps

Regarding the recent thread on header wrapping tape, I was wondering if
anybody has comments/experience on the header/exhaust sleeves that are now
being sold everywhere to lower the temp.
1 - do they work? do they lower the engine bay temp?
2 - are they safe?  is rust and overheating of the (header)metal a concern
as much as with the tape?

Since they go "loose" they seems a lot easier to install and they do breathe
so rust should be less of a problem I would guess.
Thanks to all

Jorge Mazlumian (trying to capitalize on my Welty Fund sponsorship)
Redlands, CA
Home page: http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2035/alfa.htm