Trunk Mounted Battery

I mounted mine using a 75 series battery on the shelf over the rear
axle on the passenger side. The cable then runs alongside the fuel
lines. I had my body and fender man fashion a tie down from angle
iron. 3/8 inch threaded rod with nuts and fender washers welded to the
bottom come up through the trunk floor. More fender washers and nuts
secure the rod which then goes through the tie down. Use heavy guage
cable to counteract voltage drop in a long line. You'll need probably
12 feet. Don't be caught short buy too much and cut to fit. I use 00 a
bit extreme, single 0 or 1 should do. By the time you buy cable,
brackets, etc. expect to spend a couple of C notes even doing most of
the work yourself. You'll also need a big cable from the alt. to the
starter to replace the cable from the alt. to the bat. Its a good idea
to install a quick disconnect at the bat. at this time. Don't forget
some sort of rubber tray for the bat. If your small you can climb
inside the trunk to horse the bat. around, if not recruit a small
friend. Lifting a bat at arms length while bent at the waist ain't for
whimps which I confess to be. The 75 series bat. was the thinnest I
could find and overhangs the shelf by about an inch.

Good luck,
Emmo    72 GTV almost home
                76 Spider for sale to keep her off the streets at
night