Re: alfa-digest V7 #905

In a message dated 7/25/99 9:24:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< saw the movie "The Haunting" today, and there's a beautiful example of
 a red Giulietta Spider (I think, it was a quick glance) in it. One of
 the to-be-haunted women drives up the the mansion in it. Nice car! You
 never see it again though :-( >>

I know this is ever-so-slightly off-topic, BUT...

Suppose you business were to design cars.  Even one as nice as a Guilietta is
a lot of work and then, eventually, it's done.  And it can be appreciated for
a long time.  But that doesn't mean you never want to work again, does it?

Now supposed your job is to write movies.  How do you think it feels when
almost every major picture is a &%$#@*&^^%! remake, like "The Haunting"?  I
mean, it was a book, and it was a terribly scary Robert Wise directed picture
c 1960.  Why do it AGAIN?  Don't writers working now deserved to eat, too?
The 57 T-bird was known as a hell of a car, American-style.  Why not just
make it again as a 2000 model and *&*&^%^$ the current design and engineering
staff?  After all, the paint is better now than it was in '57 and think of
the risk we could avoid if we just reissued a car that was a success once
before rather than taking a chance on someone's NEW ideas.

What pigmy-brained wimps!  I bet they drive SUVs and minivans!

Sign me,

Disgruntled in Hollywood