RE: 164Q/S vs. 164LS Suspension

As an owner of a '91 164S, I can say that I'm quite happy with the 'Sport'
mode.  One touch of a button and you go from comfort cruiser to sport sedan.
I made sure the sport mode was working during parts of my drive back from
northeastern Washington yesterday.  I decided to take the scenic route (as
if any route in Washington was not scenic) via Hwy 20, North Cascades.  A
challenging road with beautiful views, many through the sunroof!  The sport
mode had the 164 planted in all but the tightest corners which would've been
better suited in a GTV or Spider.

My recommendation would be to upgrade to Konis or Bilsteins, retaining the
factory springs.

Zach
Redmond, WA
'91 164S - needs a bath