Hot V6's - A Common Thread?

Al Fisti just posted to the digest about his plugged-up Milano radiator. This
simple but apparently unusual problem caused his car's chronic overheating. A
friend of mine also has a Milano that overheats badly, and guess what? He
discovered that his radiator is clogged and needs rodding, not just flushing.

Is it possible that all of our hot-running 164's need their radiators cleaned
out? Milano and 164 do, after all, use the same engine and similar radiators.

In all the discussions of excessive 164 engine temperature I've read on the
digest, I don't remember once hearing anyone say they'd had their radiator
dismantled and cleaned. I realize that there are dozens of other causes for
overheating, but could we be overlooking something obvious?

Bob McKeown
Nashville, TN