coil wire

> From: Jeff Matson <jsm8@domain.elided>
> Subject: 164 wires: coil to dist.
>
> My new set of plug wires (Magnecor) for my '91 164L includes a 7th wire,
> presumably from the coil to the distributor.  However, the OE wire seems
> to be a permanent part of the coil as far as I can tell, and I can't
> find a way to remove it.  Are there different versions of the coil, some
> of which do have a removable wire?  Or am I missing some trick here?
>
>      Jeff Matson
>      '74 GTV 2000
>      '91 164L

It's just a dust boot. Pull it away from the coil top and remove the
coil wire as usual.

It's a standard Bosch coil unless someone changed it before you owned it

AlfaBill
Magnecor nut

- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm