Many thanks (yet again)

Blanket thanks to about a dozen people on the list for the hard data,
personal experiences, and open discussion on my question about various
2L performance tips, tricks and trash.  In particular, John Hertzman's
citation of the Vandenberg Papers included the kind of specific, X bhp
at Y RPM data that make the difference between money well spent and
money, well, spent.  At least one other list member (whose communication
with me suggested that he'd rather not be thanked by name :-) also
included some bhp at RPM level comparisons that he witnessed on a
competition car, indicating that the car he saw produced *more* power on
a chassis dyno after the owner installed a Spica air box in place of the
Quadraflow.

In short: it's a yes to the electric fan, and a no to the Quadraflow.
The car's not so strong under 4000 RPM, nor so weak over that point,
that I'd be willing to move the power around.  Or maybe it's just that
on the 2-liter, 4000 RPM is two-thirds of the way up the powerband,
while on the 1300, it's barely halfway. :-)

I also had another fun, eye-opening event this weekend, but that's
another story...

Thanks again to everyone,

- --Scott