Re: Tachs and Oil pressure

> [fluctuating/low oil pressure readings]

The oil pressure sender for the dashboard gauge is often the culprit. I
would suggest that you have the oil pressure checked with a mechanical
gauge. At running rpm over 2000, you should always have near 55psi, at
idle hot you should have about 7-11 psi. If a mechanical gauge does not
give you those readings, you have a problem, most often with the oil
filter blow-off check valve. Again, most usually it is simply the
pressure gauge sending unit that needs to be replaced.

> [tacho similarly acting up]

The electronic Jaeger tachs never seem as solid or stable as the older
cars' mechanical Jaegers. Mine fluctuates a bit too, and I had it checked
and cleaned when I was putting the car together. Yours is definitely
reading incorrectly and needs to be overhauled. Try cleaning up the
connections but presume that the correct repair is going to be to send it
in and have it done. PA Speedo does mail order and they're reasonably
quick.

Godfrey