Re: Leaky Power Steering

"Sedon, Doug (OD/ORS)" <sedond@domain.elided> writes...

>my '92 164L w/148k seems to have started pissing p/s fluid - but only
when at
>full-lock, either rite or left turn.  yust added that dreaded stop-leak
stuff
>last evening, the results are not yet in.  haven't yet crawled under the
car to
>czech out the exact source of the leak, but it seems to be about
centered under
>the firewall.  steering rack going/gone?  any hope for a less-expensive
seal or
>something?  any chance the stop-leak will buy me some time?

Doug-  You've got it all wrong! <g>   From what you've said, my best
guess is that it's a hose that's leaking.  The one that goes around the
back side of the rack has a fitting half way through it (I have no idea
why), and this is prone to leakage.

Good luck changing it - I'd rather R&R a timing belt tensioner...

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed