Droppred 164 Sub-frames

I've followed with interest the recent thread. In Europe, my
understanding is that the engine was lowered ( using spacers??) by about
1 inch (25mm) in '90/91 to counteract the initial user critisms.
I can't say if the LS/Supers is lower again, but I do know that the
steering rack gained(?) a damper to attenuate the torque steer effects
and has a redesigned oil pan to provide much improved ground clearance (
the exhaust downpipe is now the lowest part).

Cheers

Graham

Cheshire, UK
1994 164 LS (Super 24v)