Hey Bernie, Re: Hey Bob:

Bob Warner "Can't imagine why anyone would want" unused Service Coupon books,
and Bernie Bennett replies "Because they give a person a good idea of what
needs to be done for regular maint.  Unfortunately when you go to the dealer
he pulls out the coupons and you no longer have the list. Suggest you
re-evaluate these they should be worth their weight in gold."

An alternate source for the maintenance schedule is the Owner's Manual. E.g.
page 66 in the Milano Owner's Manual (1987) lists twenty-six services and
nine service intervals on a grid; pages 104-105 in the 164 Owner's Manual
(1991) lists 22 services at seven service intervals. The Owner's Manual,
unlike the coupon books, has handy instructions for many of the operations.

In the past this material has been available from Alfa dealers long after the
car model was out of production. A 1985 ARI publications list I have lists
181 different publications with parts number and retail prices -$11.34 for an
Owners Manual for the Giulia Super, $3.34 for the air-conditioning service
manual for a Montreal, $38.10 for the Parts Catalog for the Giuliettas. These
prices were up substantially from a 1974 price list, in which the Owner's
Manuals were $2.50 and the Tech Specs $1.80, the Giulietta Parts catalog $18.

What the availability (and price) would be now under Fiat ownership I cannot
say, but I would try a (good) dealer before deciding that something was
necessarily out-of-print. For things which are out-of-print, the A.R.O.C.
Technical Librarian maintains a very extensive (probably quite comprehensive)
library from which he will photocopy material, at cost, on request, for
members.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.