Re: slugs

Steven M Tucker wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with the symptoms of a "tired" torque converter?
> Also, what is commonly held to be the correct shift point for a 164L
> with Auto Trans at WOT?

ca 6,000 rpm on Diana's '91 164 L, about the same in my '94 LS.

> Is the top speed governed?

There is a rev limiter and recent digest discussions indicate the gearing
of the 164 is about right for the power it puts out so it does not run out
of revs before it runs out of umph.

> P.S.- Lately I've been dealing with this great phenomena where the red
> indicator light for engine temp goes on every time the guage swings
> past 110 (then it goes out again).

Yeah our L did that? It doesn't any longer. Either scheduled maintencnce?
or the electrical gods took care of it.
Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX