Re: alfa-digest V7 #853

In a message dated 7/2/99 10:55:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The point is that it is the fear of getting caught
 that slows people down. I think that when a person
 believes that they may not get caught, they will speed
 up. When that person actually sees a cop, or is aware
 of a local speed trap, they will immediately monitor
 their speed more closely. >>

Once, as a lad, I was visiting Italy.  A fellow was giving me a ride in a
Guila spider 1300, I think.  Brisk.  A cop on a motorbike appeared behind us.
 The driver's reaction was to speed up.  This confused me, but the driver
explained: they must hand you the ticket.  The whole experience was so
thrilling that I have been into Alfas ever since.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA