Home Oil Changing

Hi All

I just got round to reading the last BMF Rider (British Motorcycle
Federation) magazine that came through the post. In it there is a
piece on rumoured EU legislation to ban people from changing
the oil in their motorcycles (and presumably car) in the near
future. The idea is to stop the illegal dumping of oil (unlikely,
as I bet some trade suppliers would still sell it, and then where
does someone leagally dispose of the waste oil when the council
tips no longer have the facilities). The law in Austria is cited as
one possible basis, where the public may only buy a maximun of
1 litre of oil at a time from retailers.

This all sounds like a fairly stupid idea, and if any further action
is taken on it by the EU I think we may have a major struggle
on our hands.

All the best

Keith (currently with a 25L mini drum of waste oil waiting to go to
the oil dump).