Re: alfa-digest V7 #846

In a message dated 6/30/99 5:30:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< In a recent article "Where Not To Park Your Car" by Pat Hayes
 published in "The Redline," AROC Orange County... >>

I always try to avoid parking in the mentioned cities and always try to park
next to something more likely to appeal to both buffoons and professional car
thieves alike: BMW and Mercedes and Jeep Wrangler.

People mostly seem to steal cars these days as a business, ergo the ones in
highest demand "on the hoof" or as parts for popular models are the most
likely to be bothered.  The sad fact that, statistically, "nobody" wants an
Alfa, that keeps them from our shores, has the silver lining of making them
unappealing to thieves, unless perhaps mistaken for Volvos or Saabs while
under the influence of crack.

Charlie
AROSC