Symbolic Motors sells excitement

I have it on very good authority (my mom told me) that the other day there
was some excitement at collector car broker/retailer Symbolic Motors main
location in La Jolla, CA.

Seems a couple of would-be thieves got themselves into a hostage situation in
there, but the hostage (salesman?) managed to run out, and the perps, no big
credit to San Diego's finest, ran away, too.

The 3 BATs, I believe, are long gone from Symbolic, and they haven't sold any
$US 6 million Alfas in months, so the question is: what did the perps expect
to get away with in their robbery gone bad?  If they were able to swipe one
or more collectible cars, everyone would know where they came from, plus they
are a little on the bulky side for shoplifting.  I don't think (correct me if
you know a lot of underworld types shop there) Symbolic would have a lot of
cash lying about.  How many people are ponying up $6 mil in cash for an
8c2500 these days?  I'd image they'd at least use American Express (don't
leave your senses without it, Sir Elton John).  So what did they expect to
get, the office machines?

Anyone in the SD area have more details of this krazy kaper?  Shots fired?
Alfas hit?

Charlie

Not-crazy LA, CA, USA
AROSC
87 75
84 GTV-6 w/ new Milano AC compressor working great