RE: Oil- my version

After much debate and discussion, I am sticking with 20W50 (natural) as my
engine oil of choice.  It is possible to lower to 10W40 for winter use, but
I don't use it in the winter, so this is a mute point.

My expert technical references stated that even though the article in the
Alfa Owner magazine stated thinner is better, the Alfa engine is designed to
pump 20W50 so the article's time delays to critical lube points is a bit off
the mark.

They (expert technical references) also stated if a thinner lube is used and
it breaks down, it will cause unnecessary wear and oil consumption forcing a
change to 20W50.  But, by that time, it is to late and consumtion will
continue- no reversal is possible.

So endeth the reading...