Milano Release bearing question

Hello everybody

I'm still working on the clutch in my 88 Milano.  I was all ready to put it
back together and noticed that the release bearing assembly is about 1/4
inch shorter than the one I took out.  I can't get the fork that far into
the nose of the housing.  Does anybody know if there is more than one
release bearing design?  Could the one I have be for a GTV6 dual disk setup
or something like that?  I talked to IAP, and they only have one model and
don't know why it may be different.  Help.

Thanks

Damien.