milano verde overheating

hello all
my verde is overheating after about five miles of driving
I suspect the water pump. although it is not leaking I can wobble the
pulley just a tiny bit with the belt on
it is not the thermostat and I was able to get water to flow from the
upper radiator hose out the lower without any apperrent clogging.
My question is how can i determine if it is the water pum, this is a
fairly involved process and I would like to be sure .
please mention any timely repairs that can be completed at this time
(timing belt etc.) I may decide to install the S cams at this time.