116 Giulietta Eelctrics

Hello digesters.  having been reading for months now, I would like
to throw some brain-teasers to the collective intellect and
experience of you all.
I drive a 2.0 116 Giulietta with 125k on the clock. I have several
problems which I would like to share, but will keep them to one at a
time.  I'd like to fix each individually :)
1)  For some reason, when I turn the engine off, sometimes, the
speedo jumps to about 80mph before/as the engine shuts down.  I
has always done this, and is only marginally annoying, but I feel I
will be taking the instrument binnacle apart soon (see prob 2) so I
would like to hear any suggestions as to why it should happen.  I
thought this needle only moved when it received pulses from the
gear-box sender.  What could be making pulses such as that, and
are there any ideas of how to stop it.
2) A little more serious (tho not much).  My temperature gauge
sometimes sticks.  It appears to be a physical jam, as tapping on
the glass normally frees it.  Could it be a loose connection though?
 If not, anyone have any idea how hard it would be to disassemble,
and clean up.  Again, this is not too serious, as the fan circuit is
completely separate, and the engine does not over-heat, but it's a
little disconcerting.

All suggestions welcomed, and then we'll start on the carbs...

On a slightly sadder (and irrelevant note) my mechanic in the UK
had his garage torched on the 13th June (National Alfa Day over in
the UK)  Thus, I will be posting more technical questions (he is
now almost totally out of business)  If anyone in the UK knows
anyone in the East London / Essex area who is good (other than
Andy Ward, where I used to take my beloved) then I would be very
happy to hear.

Many thanks in advance
Catman

Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright