(Don't Want No) SUV In Da Butt

Howdy.  My brake lights have stopped working and I'm caught without access
to any Alfa manuals as we've just moved and everything is still in boxes.
Any help would be much appreciated.

This is a '69 car with the "sophisticated" dual-circuit system.  Bulbs and
contacts in the rear are fine and all fuses appear to be good.  My guess is
that the lights are triggered by one of three(!) senders on the a little
front/rear 'proportioning valve' unit on the firewall, but there could be a
switch inside the pedal box. (Only two of the three senders are wired at
this point.)

Any advice on testing/wiring the senders and/or getting the brake lights
back on line?  This is my daily driver and I'd like to protect its little
rear end from SUV sodomization!

W. B. Peale
69 GT Veloce