Opening trunk

Hi Luke

I looking at the mechanism that opens the trunk to my spider and here is
what I found.  The cable pulls a lever on the latching mechanism towards the
dirver side.  Directly below the latching mechanism (hidden by the trunk
carpeting) is a hole in the trunk floor (should there be a rubber plug for
this?).  You can find the hole by crawling under your car at the back (note,
there is also a hole in the rear valance i.e.. going horizontally but this
is not the one you want).  It looks like the only way to open the trunk is
to use a rod to push the latch mechanism lever towards the drivers side.  If
the cable is still attached, pulling the cable down may also work, but the
cable normally pulls the lever towards the drivers side so I don't know if
this will work.  If you do try to hook the cable, be very careful as the
tail light wires run through the same area and are closer (easier to snag)
to the trunk floor.

Does anyone else on Digest have any ideas?

Best of luck

Kim

79 spider