Hydraulic Clutch Question...

Ever since putting my '74 gtv back together, last year, I have had some
clutch slippage on the 3-4 upshift and 4-5 upshift, ONLY after driving the
car for an hour or more.

Note that the clutch assy was not new (in a fit of cheapness, ahem, thrift, I
put the old unit back in). It was the one that I used prior to tearing the
engine/trans down, did not slip before, and the disc measured within wear
limits.... so what could go wrong? (he naively asked himself)

I've tried playing with the piston/pedal adjustment.

This weekend, I shortened the rod length (which, on a mechanical system,
would make the clutch pedal release lower) and it seemed like the slippage
got worse..... which is counter-intuitive to what I'd think.

Any suggestions?  bs - what's your experience with hydraulic clutch
adjustment?

bob brady, dvaroc
yardley, pa