Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:43:42 -0700

I was a bit baffled by the chassis number AR370602 on my new '62 Giulietta
Spider since the reference lists I have show this chassis in the Giulia
series, so I asked Alfa's Archivio Storico for help. Their answer has me
even more confused. They confirm it as a "Giulietta Spider manufactured on
the 8th from Francoforte Germany".  Has this lost something in translation?
Would this mean the car was manufactured IN Germany (never knew Alfa had a
German plant), or that it was originally SENT to Germany? They did confirm
the original 'graphic grey (AR716)' exterior color as I suspected - haven't
seen too many US Giuliettas in this color, and this one may not end up that
color either - and the car had funky front-wing-mounted mirrors which didn't
seem to be a popular US item. Can anyone shed some light on this, or do I
need to hire an Italian to ask Alfa for clarification?
Thanks,
Lew Rosenberger
Ramona, CA