Got an Optima battery, now to the next problem

Finally my Optima battery was deliverd.
Got it into my GTV 6, had to cut holes in the platic cap that covers the
battery hole. Also I hade to put some condiction material between the plus
pole and the kable contact so that it would fit securely.
After this it started almost better then I thought this engien would be able
to manage.

Now the next trubble I have is my idle speed...
When newly started it is about 800-900 but after about a minute it goes th
1200-1400 rpms... Ive tryed to lower it with the idle speed mechanism on the
manifold, but it will only raise it...  is there a component missing in my
idle speen mechanism...  the only loose part inside the hole is an
O-ring....

Mattias Eliason

'84 GTV 6