Re: alfa-digest V7 #823

>From: "Denis, Jean" <Jean_Denis@domain.elided>

>Jeez, i'm kind of disappointed that i haven't gotten any flames regarding my
>panning of F*am filters! Surely someone out there must be a loyal (if
>misdirected) Fr*m fan!

I read the site you referenced, and it didn't tell me anything I didn't
already know about Fram. Yes, I know they've gotten a lot cheaper (in
construction) lately, but I'm not sure when the change was. I've been
using the P-16 on both my cars (the '74 GTV and the '84 Saab) for over
a decade and both engines seem to be in fine shape. I practice 3,000 mi
oil changes in both, so maybe they don't deteriorate and start spewing
their guts in that short of time.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |    "If this rocket stuff is so important    |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    to you, so be it. Just be careful and    |
| Livermore, CA		      |    don't blow yourself up. I suppose there  |
| jack@domain.elided   |    are worse hobbies!"                      |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |            - John Hickam, October Sky       |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |