1750/1.8

In AD7-822 Bill Sample offered a 1.8 engine for sale, and three hours later
posted "I know, I know it isn't a 1.8 - what I really meant to say in my
brain dead state was that i have a 1750- please no flames I caught my
mistake."

But, he was right enough the first time. The engine is 209 cc larger than a
1600, and 183 cc smaller than a two-liter, and that should make it a 1.8 in
the eyes of practically everybody except the sales department, which had
wanted to borrow some glory from the 1750 of 1929-1933. Once a two-liter
variant was introduced Alfa did start calling it a 1.8, and the engines
called 1.8 outnumbered the engines called 1750 by more than two to one.

John H.