Shake Rattle and Roll

Hey Gang!!

About two weeks ago I replaced the coils springs on my 74 spider. This
quickly set my car straight again, but has become the source of another
problem. A day after taking the car out with the new springs, I started to
hear a noise coming from the back of the car. At first it sounded like a
loose muffler in the rear.Checked and it wasn't that. Then it started to get
a little louder, and it sounded like it might be coming from the
differential. So depressed as hell, I dumped the oil in the diff expecting
to find all of 3 drops of oil  left in there, or a whole lot of gear pieces
in the oil. Neither was the case, so I filled her up and went on my way to
see if the noise would still be there. Sure enough, another problem came up,
vibrations at high speed. Anyways, to get to the point, the u-joints on the
drive shaft are shot to hell and being replaced today. What bothers me is
that there was no play or rattle on the drive shaft about a month ago. Then
all of a sudden, the u-joint is all but destroyed. With the new coils, the
car sits an inch or two higher than before. I was wondering if the angle
change on the drive shaft because of the new springs would cause the
u-joints to wear out? Has anyone else ever had this problem after changing
coils on their car?

Thanks in advance
Frank Forlini
74 spider