In addition to a "Lotus" Super Seven (he said it was real, but it had a
Toyota engine, among other things) and a racing BMW 320i, they also had two
Alfetta Gts.
 #1: The better of the two. Rust in the hatch, around the windshield, starts
right up, build date 11/76 (I think), headlights cannot be turned off. Fuse
box hanging down under the dash (uh-oh). Engine backfires a bit. Seats good,
cap on dash. Not registered since '96 or '97. Looks like it would make a
good daily beater if you're good at electrics. White on black, BWA mags.
A/C.
 #2: Mario Andretti edition, did not try to start it (although it's supposed
to run), looked like somebody had been sleeping in it, judging by the
blanket and the bag of clothes. Plenty of rust, good seats, engine looks
complete. White on black, vin #AR11615001397 (or something like that). ARA
sticker in the window (PO, are you there??)
 My guess is you could squeeze another couple of years of life out of these
things before restoring or parting them,  if you don't mind the extra
ventilation from the rust holes. I took pics of the two cars, but the film
is not finished yet, so might take a while before I have them scanned.

 Other issue: I drove down Trousdale Rd. in Burlingame, which is a steep
road with a lot of stop signs. By the bottom of the hill, the spider was
pulling to the right. It's never done this before, and I checked the fluid,
and it wasn't boiling. I had new front pads and discs from IAP about
20-30K/4-5 years ago. Anybody have any suggestions as to what this
indicates? It went away, presumably after the brakes had cooled.

Sorry for the long message, and thanks for any help.
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA