skinny tire source

When I was looking for tires for my TI, I went to Tire Rack. They didn't
stock the 165-15 size I wanted at all. I tried a couple of local sources as
well, with no luck. Coker had tires, but at a high price (they are worth a
try if you are looking for a specific tire and size). I contacted Michelin
via www.Michelin.com, and asked them if they made anything in the size I
wanted, and where I could get them if they did. They responded with the
stock number for me to give to any local retailer, and confirmed that they
had xzx 165-15's in stock at the area distibution center. I went to NTB,
ordered them, and had them the next day for about $60 each. This was two
years ago. I realize that the proper size would be 155, but I wanted just a
bit more meat under me, and these look right on the car. They also stick
well, and are a nice performance and safety upgrade from the original early
sixties tires without spoiling the fun of driving a skinny tired car at the
limit. Perhaps Pirelli can help you, if you need Pirellis.

Robert Clauss  AROC, ARA
BeckyCo@domain.elided
Mt. Prospect, IL  USA

'64 Giulia TI